User:KathrynGZ/SandboxEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
United States Massachusetts
Massachusetts Research Guide
Introduction to Massachusetts Research
Get Started with These Resources
|* Birth/Christening||* Census|
|* Marriage||* Probate|
|* Death||* Military|
|* Church||* Migration|
|* Land/Property||* Local Resources|
Try These Records Next
Massachusetts History and Geography
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts entered the Union on February 6, 1788, as the sixth state. It is governed under its original constitution, which was adopted in 1780. Boston (also known as "The Hub" and "Beantown") became the capitol city of the Massachusetts Bay Colony in 1632. It has served as the state capitol since 1780. For more information about the history of Massachusetts, see the Massachusetts History article.
Massachusetts is currently comprised of the following counties:
The following jurisdictions are now obsolete:
- The Massachusetts GenWeb Project provides county information about formation date, parent county, county seat, bibliography, cemeteries, census, churches, towns, history, look ups, obituaries, queries, repositories, surname registry, and many Internet links.
- Massachusetts Land Records provides access to indexes and search tools to find recorded records. Some counties have records, with images, available back to 1900.
- County Creation Dates and Divisions showing dates they were created or renamed and counties created from older counties.
Training and Help
- Call or chat with an experienced researcher
- Join a Facebook Group
- Consult a Professional Genealogist
Help Wanted on the Massachusetts Wiki pages
In order to make this wiki a better research tool, we need your help! Many tasks need willing volunteers. You can help:
- Expand county articles
- Check links on pages
- ...and more
To add your knowledge and help expand the wiki click here:
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback