User:National Institute sandbox 39aEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The original content for this article was contributed by The National Institute for Genealogical Studies in June 2012. It is an excerpt from their course Canadian:Immigration Records by Patricia McGregor, PLCGS. The Institute offers over 200 comprehensive genealogy courses for a fee ($).
Bibliography and Suggested Reading
- Bernolak, Imre. “The Economic Aspects of Migration”, Immigrants in Canada. Montreal: privately published, 1955.
- Bothwell, Robert, Ian Drummond, John English. Canada 1900-1945. Toronto: University of Toronto Press, 1987.
- Crowder, Norman K. and Sharon Bowman. Upper Canada Naturalization Registers, 1828-1850. Ottawa: Ottawa Branch OGS, 1999.
- Granfield, Linda. Brass Buttons and Silver Horseshoes, Stories From Canada’s British War Brides. Toronto: McClelland & Stewart, 2002.
- Hendry, Charles E. “Summing Up”, Food for Thought. Toronto: Canadian Association for Adult Education, Vol. 13, No. 4, January, 1953.
- Jarratt, Melynda. War Brides: The Stories of Women Who Left Everything Behind to Follow the Men They Loved. Toronto: Dundurn Press, 2009.
- Jordan, Isabel M. “Canada, Land of Promise?”, Food for Thought. Toronto: Canadian Association for Adult Education, vol. 13, No. 4, January, 1953.
- Kaye, V.J. “The Ukrainians in Canada”, Immigrants in Canada. Montreal: privately published 1955.
- Knowles, Valerie. Strangers at Our Gates, Canadian Immigration and Immigration Policy 1540-1990. Toronto: Dundurn Press, 1992.
- Knowles, Valerie. Forging Our Legacy, Canadian Citizenship and Immigration 1900-1977. Ottawa: Public Works and Government Services Canada, 2000.
- Ladouceur, Barbara & Phyllis Spence, editors. Blackouts to Bright Lights, Canadian War Bride Stories. Vancouver: Ronsdale Press, 1995.
- Luciuk, Lubomyr. Beyond The Barbed Wire Fence - Canada's First National Internment Operations and the Ukrainian Canadians, 1914-1920. Kashtan Press, 2001.
- McFaul, W.A. “Canada’s Immigration Policy”, Immigrants in Canada. Montreal: privately published, 1955.
- McKenzie, Donald A. Upper Canada Naturalization Records, 1828-1850. Toronto: Ontario Genealogical Society, 1991.
- Merriman, Brenda Dougall. Genealogy in Ontario: Searching the Records. 3rd edition, Toronto: Ontario Genealogical Society, 1996. Obee, Dave. Destination Canada: A guide to 20th century immigration records. 2nd edition, privately published, 2004.
- Piniuta, Harry, translator. Land of Pain, Land of Promise, First Person Accounts by Ukrainian Pioneers 1891-1914. Saskatoon: Western Producer Prairie Books, 1981 reprint.
- Rose, Albert and Anderson, Violet. “Into the Unknown Country”, Food for Thought. Toronto: Canadian Association for Adult Education, vol. 13, No. 4, January, 1953.
- Shewchuck, Helen (Hall), editor. If Kisses Were Roses, a 50th anniversary tribute to war brides. Privately published, 1996.
- Todd, Andrew. Nuts and Bolts: Family History Problem Solving through Family Reconstitution Techniques. Bury, Lancashire: Allen & Todd, 2000.
- Wicks, Ben. Promise You’ll Take Care of My Daughter, The Remarkable War Brides of World War II. Toronto: Stoddart Publishing, 1992.
- Young, Charles H. The Ukrainian Canadians, A Study in Assimilation. Toronto: Thomas Nelson & Sons Ltd., 1931.
Information in this Wiki page is excerpted from the online course Canadian: Immigration Records offered by The National Institute for Genealogical Studies. To learn more about this course or other courses available from the Institute, see our website. We can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome updates and additions to this Wiki page.