User:National Institute sandbox 6aEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The original content for this article was contributed by The National Institute for Genealogical Studies in June 2012. It is an excerpt from their course Canadian:Immigration Records by Patricia McGregor, PLCGS. The Institute offers over 200 comprehensive genealogy courses for a fee ($).
Bibliography and Suggested Reading
- Arsenault, Bona. Histoire et Généalogie des Acadiens, vol. 1. Histoire des Acadiens. Montreal: Editions Leméac Inc., 1978.
- Babineau, René. Brief History of Acadie 1604-1984. Richibouctou, N.B.: René Babineau, 1984.
- Burpee, Lawrence J. and Marius Barbeau. “The People of Canada”, Patterns of Canada. Megill, Wm. J. ed., Compiled for the Canadian Geographical Society. Toronto: Ryerson Press, 1967.
- Crone, Kennedy. “La Ville de Montreal”, Patterns of Canada. Megill, Wm. J., ed., Compiled for the Canadian Geographical Society. Toronto: Ryerson Press, 1967.
- Deveau, J. Alphonse. Two Beginnings, A Brief Acadian History. (a translated summary of a two part volume entitled Notre Heritage Acadien). Yarmouth, Nova Scotia: Lescarbot Press, 1980.
- Francis, Daniel. Battle For the West, Fur Traders and the Birth of Western Canada. Edmonton: Hurtig Publishers, 1982.
- Gagné, Peter. King’s Daughters and Founding Mothers: The Filles du Roi, 1663-1673. Quintin Publications, 2001.
- Hudson’s Bay House.Hudson’s Bay Company – A Brief History. London, 1934.
- Knowles, Valerie. Strangers at Our Gates, Canadian Immigration and Immigration Policy 1540-1990. Toronto: Dundurn Press, 1992.
- MacEwan, Grant. French in the West/Les Franco-Canadiens dans l’Ouest. Saint-Boniface, Manitoba: Éditions des Plaines, 1984.
- More, J. F. The History of Queen’s County, N.S. Canadiana Reprint Series No. 27, Belleville: Mika Studio, 1972.
- Roper, Sydney C. D., compiler. The Statistical Yearbook of Canada for 1890. Ottawa: Department of Agriculture, 1891.
- Smith, Dr. Edward. Migration Patterns in Canada. Toronto: Heritage Productions #HE09, 2003.
- Wade, Mason. The French Canadians 1760-1945. Toronto: MacMillan Co. of Canada, 1955.
- Williams, Glyndwr. “The Hudson’s Bay Company and the Fur Trade 1670-1870”, special issue of The Beaver, Autumn 1983. Winnipeg: Reprinted and published by the Hudson’s Bay Company, 1991.
Information in this Wiki page is excerpted from the online course Canadian: Immigration Records offered by The National Institute for Genealogical Studies. To learn more about this course or other courses available from the Institute, see our website. We can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome updates and additions to this Wiki page.