User:NishimotoSREdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Sonja Ruth Hoeke-Nishimoto AG
Sonja has been employed by the Family History Library since May 1985. She has been a professional Germanic and Slavic researcher since 1982. She is especially interested in the eastern provinces of the old German empire. Areas of research include Germany, Switzerland, Poland, Austria and The Netherlands. Of special personal interest to her is the region of Silesia where her mother’s family is from and Saxony, where her father’s family is from.
Sonja was born in Frankfurt/Main, Germany, and immigrated as a child to the United States growing up in Minnesota and California.
Moderator for Switzerland and co-moderator for Poland.
German Language Studies at Brigham Young University (1971-73)
Swiss Genealogical Accreditation from ICAPGen (2006)
German Genealogical Accreditation from ICAPGen (1988)
- Ward Family History Consultant/teacher YEARS (1990-2001)
- Scout Merit Badge Councilor As requested
- Highland Stake Genealogical Fair consultant and Lecturer (2001-,present)
- Gralla Family Newsletter writer and researcher (1985-2000)
- Speaker for FEEHFS (Oct.1997, 2004, 2005)
- Speaker for Elder Hostels (Feb 1994. Feb.1995, Feb. 1996, Feb. 1997)
- Speaker German Genealogical Society of Sacramento (23 Sep. 2003)
- Board of Directors Polish Genealogical Society of America ( 2003-present)
- Speaker Polish Genealogical Society of America (17 Sep. 2005)
- German Records in European Archives. On computer at Reference Counter for Staff Use.
- Hamburg Passenger List Index 1872, 1994 FHL Book 943.515/H1 W39h., film 11836696. Online at www.progenealogists.org.
- Breslau Parish Jurisdictions 1869-1936 FHL Book 943.85/B2 K24h, film 1573154, it. 9. Online at www.progenealogists.org. Berlin Evangelical Parish Juridictions 1991, FHL Book 943.155/B1 K24h, film1183659 item # 6. Online at www.progenealogists.org .
- Berlin Civil Registration Jurisdictions. 1992 FHL Book 943.155/B1 E 44h, film 1573208, item # 13. Online at www.progenealogists.org.
- Magdeburg Parish and Civil Registration Jurisdictions. 1992 FHL Book 943.21/L2 K24h, film 1183678 it. 6. Also online at www.progenealogists.org.
- Leipzig Parish and Civil Registration Jurisdictions. 1992. FHL Book 943.21/L2 K24h, film 1573202 it. 13. Also online at www.progenealogists.org.
- Zapisy Urodzen Parafii rzymsko-katolickie Wisnicze w latach 1770-1800. 1993. FHL Book 943.85/W2 D2h, film 1573223 item # 1.
- Stettin Parish and Civil Registration Jurisdictions 1994. FHL Book 943.81/S1 K24h, film 1183703 it. 5. Online at www.progenealogists.org.
- Halle Parish Jurisdictions. 1993 FHL Book 943.18/H2 K2h, film 1573223, it. 3. Online at www.progenealogists.org.
- Elmore, Faribault County, MN, 1860, 1880, 1900, 1920 Federal Census returns. 1994 FHL film 1750770, item # 7.
- Marriages and births extracted from Wischnitz parish 1766-1902 on FEEFHS Website as of 2003 to present: www.feehfs.org.
- German Genealogical Digest Spring 1993, Journey to Ancestral homes in Poland.
- German Genealogical Digest V. 6 #1 1990, Hamburg Police Records.
- German Genealogical Digest V.7 #4 1991, Research in Berlin.
- German Genealogical Digest 2nd Quarter 1991, Breslau Parish Jurisdictions.
- German Genealogical Digest V. VI #2, Hamburg Police Records, Pt. 2.
- Polish Genealogical Society of Texas, July, 2009, Dziuk Family Roots in Poland
Sonja Nishimoto email: NishimotoSR@FamilySearch.org