User:Tbreynaud/sandbox/helpwanted2Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Many Hands Make Light Work...
Everyone knows at least a little bit about something or someplace. The information you contribute could be exactly what someone else needs to connect with or add to their family history.
Fill out this form to get started as a Wiki Volunteer and let us know what you're interested in helping with.
Pages & Projects That Need Your Help
- Adding Categories
- Fixing broken links
Here are some projects that a volunteer can work on with minimal training. Contact Marilyn Markham at the Family History Library (801.240.3380) for training.
- Add information to your county and/or city pages.
- Prepare county histories - county section of each state.
- Repositories - what's in a repository of genealogical interest ... U.S. Canada.
- Outside company providing content ... we are putting in the wiki for formatting.
- Write about Migration Trails - Which Counties and Towns they went through in both the U.S. & Canada.
- A "Stub" is a page containing a limited amount of information. If you need help learning about stub pages and how to add information to them, click here: Instructions for filling out stub articles. Follow a link below to help fill out pages that need more information:
- Instructions for moderator: To see all of the stub articles for your locality click here... See the locality in Stub Types.
- A "Wanted Page" is a page that doesn't yet exist, but someone created a link to it, showing that they want a page on that topic created. For online classes to learn how to create a new page or wiki article click here: Creating a Wiki Article| or Searching for and Creating Articles.
- Follow the red links below to create a requested Wanted page:
- Check and fix broken links
- Add Catagories to pages
- A moderator is needed to work with and support contributors in (State). Would you like to help as a moderator?