User group meeting agenda & minutes 11 June 2008Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Proposing ideas for this agenda
To propose or discuss ideas for this agenda, please use the Discussion tab above. As the meeting draws near, we will review the items proposed on the Discussions page and decide which ones should get highest priority on the agenda.
- Assignment of time keeper and note taker
- Introduction of new members: 10 seconds for name and desired takeaways.
- Review of Minutes
- Today's agenda preview
- From James Anderson: Here's another example of a wiki to take a look at how they structure things. http://ccgwiki.vpl.ca/index.php/ccg_wiki/
Carryover from Last Week
- Encouraging new contributors -- Darris Williams
- "Articles Needed" Page: Is the timing right to do this? -- James Anderson
- Moderators, etc.
This item is from the one of the May meetings:
- What should we be doing to help with user needs?
- Cleanup states (Categories?)
- Add links, cleanup old research outlines, update links to "this section of the outline" (Research outlines)
- Involve genealogical societies in cleanup?
- Each portal has a things you can do box. This needs to be updated! Do we need to change the placement of the box on the portal page? Move it towards the top?
- Have state, country, county coordinators. Could we advertize this need on a portal page? Coordinators should have genealogical experience? Have a way to give feedback on coordinators/moderators so those that are not effective can be evaluated and changed as needed.
- Voluteers for moderators
- Jimmy Parker: Idaho, Indians of North America
- Lisa McBride: Tennessee
- Darris: Wales
- David Samuelsen: New York, Oregon, Luxembourg, Germany
- Baerbel Johnson: Germany
- Criteria for posting 'Useful Websites' in wiki pages? -- Phill Dunn
Facilitator was [Add name here], Note taker was [Add name here], Time keeper was [Add name here].
Prayer by [Add name here]