User group meeting agenda & minutes 20 Feb 2008Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Proposing ideas for this agenda
To propose or discuss ideas for this agenda, please use the Discussion tab above. As the meeting draws near, we will review the items proposed on the Discussions page and decide which ones should get highest priority on the agenda.
- Assignment of time keeper, note taker, and facilitator
- Introduction of members: 10 seconds for name and desired takeaways.
- Today's agenda preview
- Where we'll look for initial ideas to cover (feedback page and agenda discussion page)
- Where to propose items for next agenda: Michael
- Making portal pages show up in a search: Michael
- Do we want a section for important Websites on the place portals? Jimmy Parker
- Do we want entries in the Discussion tab to be in ascending or descending order by date? Michael
Darris Williams. Note taker was Jim Ison. Time keeper was Phill Dunn.
Attendees included: Anne Roach, Daniele Batson, David Crowther, David Dilts, Phill Dunn, Mollie Forbes, Jim Ison, Geoff Morris,
Portals--Mollie demonstrated using the search capability to find portals. Place <Portal:Idaho> to search for the Idaho portal.
Favorites Discussion--several ideas were shared regarding the inclusion of favorites within the wiki and within familysearch site.
Concluded there should be more than one path. Portals to include a few key sites with brief description, then refer people to other pages via a Read more. Portal page needs to be kept "clean" and not cluttered. Various favorites can be organized in binders along topical lines.
Wiki benefits--Jim Ison requested that instances where the wiki was a benefit be documented.
Open Beta starts on 24 February.
Pictures--right click provides copyright information.
Credentials can be added to one's user name by updating the profile. Can also place a bio in the user page.
Feedback--decided to show most recent feedback first.
Authors--to find author, access the History tab then click on the user name to learn more about that author. Also, within Toolbox, access Special pages, type in desired user name to search for entries.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More