User talk:HoleDLEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
I am delighted you want to serve!
I see as well you have been on the Forums that wonderful.
I do think you should do other things first on the FamilySearch Research Wiki. You may want to go to "Wiki Wikiproject Utah" and help with that, because when you are on the Welcoming Committee you will have to guide contributers.But I would spend a lot of time in"Tour" first.
You will want to create your own talk page so anyone could talk to you on that page. You will want to learn in edit mode how to sign your name and you will always want to put you comments at the top of the page in a talk page unless they ask you to do differently.
thanks so much,
Dawne 18:23, 17 June 2011 (UTC)
Much thanks to you, for spending time in the Wiki with our authors and editors and all contributions you make that have helped the Wiki to grow. The Research Wiki is in its first years but it is growing and becoming a wonderful tool that helps people find answers in one space and costs only in effort to search on their part.
We want to improve the process for Welcoming new authors and editors in the Wiki. I want to make each member of the committee aware of some improvements coming in June:
• We will have another Welcome Message Template designed to be more individualized. The others will be there too but we hope that you will use this new welcome message. Steve Cottrell will be helping us with the Template, a special thanks to him.
• Please read more carefully what the contributor or editor have put on the page. The current steps listed for reviewing the contributions are good to follow.
• Avoid adding the welcome message before following the steps outlined.
.• The question Templates will stay the same.
We thank you again for all you do.
The Welcoming Committee is here to support you and offer you a warm welcome to a Community that loves Family History. We thank you for your contributions! Please continue editing and consider joining in Projects Seeking Contributors or a live Community Meeting where you may meet other experienced users and contributors.
This message is posted on your Talk Page which is associated with your personal User Page. Try creating a User Page about yourself by clicking on your name under "Personal Tools" at the bottom of the navigation bar. It's a great place to practice new skills and lets others know something about you and your genealogical interests. We hope you like this place and decide to join in.
Here are a few pages you may find helpful:
- The Community Center for the Wiki.
- The Guiding Principles of FamilySearch Wiki.
- Learn to Search for Articles.
- Learn how to Help:Edit and Contribute.
- Check the Manual of Style.
You may find additional editing and technical assistance from experienced contributors in the forums at Forums.FamilySearch.org. Please sign your name only on discussion/talk pages. If you need personal assistance, feel free to contact Welcoming Committee Members.
Again, welcome! Kara 22:01, 8 November 2010 (UTC)
I'm new here
I'm Utahnancy, I'm new here just signed up yesterday. May I sign up to be on the welcoming committee?