User talk:JensenFAEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Please post new messages at the bottom of the page to prevent confusion.
- Please sign your comments. Type
after your text.
- Please use section headings to separate conversation topics.
Page leading to mini projects?
Heya Fran. Take a look at Colfax County, New Mexico. It's mostly by one user. My first temptation was to just jump in and start cleaning it up, but I'd rather find someone else who can do it. But having clicked the Community Center link and its Project link, this doesn't seem to fit with other projects, which are bigger. Is there a page that lists pages in distress that could use some serious attention from one who is talented in editing? RitcheyMT 22:47, 31 May 2010 (UTC)
Much thanks to you, for all the many things you do on the wiki, you really are amazing with your understanding of what you have helped to create and manage. I know like you that there are lots of concerns but I also know that you a wonderful mind and talents to help with the resolve of them.
We want to improve the process for Welcoming new authors and editors in the Wiki. I want to make each member of the committee aware of some changes coming in June: We will have another Welcome Message Template designed to be more individualized. The others will be there too but we hope that you will use this new welcome message. Steve Cottrell will be helping us with the Template, a special thanks to him. there are some question templates they will stay the same and we hope many will use them. Fran I am not thinking you will use them because frankly you are doing things on the wiki that others can't do.
Avoid adding the welcome message before following the steps outlined.
The question Templates will stay the same.
Fran thanks again for all you do.
Dawne 15:05, 27 May 2011 (UTC)
I just want to thank you for all that you have done and are doing for Wiki Family Search. Please don't hesitate to make suggestions to anything that I am doing - since I am the new one on the block. I want to make a valuable contribution to the wiki -so please don't hesitate to give me a"heads-up" when you see fit. Thank you agaiin,
Joy Wyzer17 13:10, 31 May 2011 (UTC)
Personal Family Biographies
Hi Fran, I have been building up some Weber County and Box Elder Pages.Thought that I'd have something for the folks that I'm teaching in Weber next fall to go to. I've noticed that on the Ogden page some personal family biographies are being added there. Along with that are some really great contributions from that family about the history of Ogden and Weber County. Are you still, among the many things you are doing, the moderator for Utah? It appears to be a new user and I didn't know how you would like it approached. Before I work on Ogden, I'd just like a little feedback. Familyjournals 23:30, 5 June 2011 (UTC)
"Hopes of getting more involved"
I noticed on my discussion page it says contact you so I am. Also the lock on the urls so that users with IP address users can't change them? I have been fixing some so the raw html doesn't show and thought I better ask before I do anymore. I have learned how to add a template, but not sure what coding is but maybe I do. I noticed you have lots of maintenance to do on the site. Just still learning all of your tools and practicing with them.
I haven't seen much vandal problems yet on the site although I find three cuss words which I changed to a different word.
I'm excited about the hopes of getting more involved with the site.
Thank you --Utahnancy 22:16, 23 June 2011 (UTC)
- I am excited to have you join our wiki community!!! We are so glad to have you join with us in helping the wiki be the best it can be. Another member of the wiki community is heading up a whole team of people who are helping with maintenance and training. Her name is Janell. Her contact information is on her user page in the wiki. I will also let her know that you'd like some help with the maintenance work you are trying to do. Thanks again for contacting me. We look forward to the opportunity to work together in this great community of wiki contributors! --faj 14:33, 24 June 2011 (UTC)
Difference between talk and discussion pages
I think I'm getting mixed up with which to use, the talk or the discussion page. I know there are the discussion areas for the different projects though, I understand how that works.
Thank you for all your help Fran
--Utahnancy 18:24, 24 June 2011 (UTC)
Image of Family History Library
Fran, Sister Heaston went over to the library and took several pictures of it and this seems to be the best of the bunch. I think it does look better than the one that was there previously. Hope you approve.L Avery 18:38, 16 August 2011 (UTC)
- I didn't know there was a need to get another photo of the FHL. I don't even know where in the wiki the photo is being used and there's no need for me to approve of it, so I guess we're good!!! Thanks for letting me know about it anyway. I'm anxious to see the new photo. Can you provide a link to the file page? Did you replace the old photo or just add a new one? Thanks. --Fran 20:44, 16 August 2011 (UTC)
- There was another post from you on that talk page and in my haste, I was thinking the request was from you, but it was actually somebody named Darlene. I did replace the picture. -L Avery
- Fran, thanks so much for your help. I did mean that I replaced the photo on the page, not in the image file and I've added information to the image. New learning experience - again! -L Avery
- Did you see that one of the template parameters gives the option to link to another image that is related to the image you are working with? The two Family History Library images should be edited to include links to each other. The first image is used on a lot more pages in the wiki that this new one that was just added. When users want to add the image to a page and see that there are related images, then they will have a chance to choose the best one for the article they're working on. Can you go ahead and add this parameter and links on both of the image files? Thanks. --Fran 21:16, 17 August 2011 (UTC)
Improving Help Content
Hi Fran ... I left a response to your thoughts about the Improving the Help Content page. Please take a look and let me know if you think that the way we planned it won't work. Thanks for your help. evancol
- Ok, thanks for letting me know. --Fran 20:44, 16 August 2011 (UTC)
Thanks from the wiki:
The FamilySearch Research Wiki is delighted to let you know that the "Greece" and "FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject/Projects Seeking Contributors" pages you helped create have become Featured Articles, highlighted on the Main Page of the Wiki, and will remain there for seven days. Thank you for your excellent work to help others quickly access records. Your contributions are appreciated and will assist others in finding their ancestors.
You have made a difference in research!
Thanks from the wiki:
The FamilySearch Research Wiki is delighted to let you know that the "Family Search Wiki: Wiki Project" page you helped create has become a Featured Article, highlighted on the Main Page of the Wiki, and will remain there for seven days. Thank you for your excellent work to help others quickly access records. Your contributions are appreciated and will help others find their ancestors.
You have made a difference in research!
- thanks --Fran 02:28, 17 September 2011 (UTC)
Locking memorial page
Since Jimmy Parker is the first one, can we develop policy governing such memorialized pages? One of provisions is to lock the page after a certain time already passed. Dsammy 18:39, 13 September 2011 (UTC)
- Good suggestion. We had a discussion about this in our staff meeting this morning. I edited his user page and talk page to add the message about his passing. Eventually we need to turn this message into a template. Since both pages are now part a historical record of Jimmy's involvement in the wiki, the pages are now protected. --Fran 19:17, 13 September 2011 (UTC)
All the adoption signs say "Adopt a page today" at the bottom. However 3 of the 4 signs are for pages that have already been adopted. Could those be changed to "Contribute to a page today"? MarkhamMJ 00:59, 21 September 2011 (UTC)
Thank YOU / YOUR Article is Selected
The FamilySearch Research Wiki is delighted to let you know that the ctionary.png A genealogical glossary terms article you helped create will become a Featured Article that is highlighted on the Main page of the Wiki. It will appear there for seven days. Thank you for your excellent work – you have given readers/researchers important access to records. Your contributions are appreciated and will assist others in finding their ancestors. You have made a difference in research!
We invite you to do any enhancing, editing or changing to this article before we post it. If you are considering an edit we ask that it be completed by October 17, 2011. Within a few days of this date this article will post. If you feel that you do not want your article up as yet as a Featured Article please let me know. Thank you for your time and effort!
joy Wyzer17 17:01, 13 October 2011 (UTC)
Errors in thank YOU
So sorry that there were errors in your "Thank YOU!" Please feel free to address my errors directly to me. I will be more careful and I do really want to be accurate. Have a great conference tomorrow. You are a great lady and I enjoy being around you. Thank you for your help when I have asked - you have been most gracious.
joy Wyzer17 00:41, 15 October 2011 (UTC)