User talk:SabwooEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Ideas to show the previous jurisdictions on the land that became Arizona
- Make sure that the History section of all Arizona county articles explain all previous jurisdiction changes and give record repositories (revise as necessary).
- Create a series of maps showing previous jurisdictions that will cover roughly the following three time periods
- Spain and Mexico maps will show jurisdictional boundaries (if any). Also possibly will show land grants and when granted, only those actually accepted by the US will be included. Maybe also include founding of missions. There are ??? dates when changes were made.
- New Mexico Territory maps will show the counties created, 11 maps when changes were made to counties.
- Arizona (Territory and State) maps will show the counties created, 15 maps when changes were made to counties.
- All of the above maps will have the present day Arizona (with all it counties) superimposed for reference.
- All the above maps may be placed in an animated GIF format, which will automatically cycle thru all the maps while the user watches.
- For each of the above maps, give an explanation of the jurisdictional changes and where the record repositories are.
- All the above to be placed in the Family Search Wiki on a new sub-article(?) to Arizona.
- Find a Title for the above sub-article to Arizona
Have finished the text part of the Introduction, From 1846 To 1863, and From 1863 To Now. And some work on the Spanish and Mexican portions. Also some work on the maps. Will probably be able to make the animated GIFs.
Extinct or Renamed Counties of Arizona
Message to and reply from DiltsGD archived to my Sandbox Page
Dear Gene Sabin,
Thanks for your thoughts. I changed the names of the links and added explanations. There are suggestions and links to other resources. Please check to see if the changes will address your concerns and ideas.
I found some of the links not working. On one of the websites, all of their links were broken and I could not find them. I moved ones that were only counties sites to the counties wiki sites.
Thanks for helping. Hopefully we will here from you at the Utah.
Patricia HardestyAG Family History Librarypnh 20:04, 5 July 2012 (UTC)
Apparently we disagree on where the Utah page should go to the Utah burial Database. When we are sending the patron to the search page for a person, I feel they should go directly to the page where they enter the names. Please give me a call so we can discuss the page.
801-240-3478pnh 19:01, 19 June 2012 (UTC)
Thanks for helping on Utah pages!
Hi, Sabwoo, We noticed several edits in Washington County, Utah that you made, and really appreciate how you are clarifying and cleaning up some of the content. We have a project going for Utah. Our purpose is to get great, understandable content, to collaborate with people like yourself, and to create a "pattern" of basics for counties that other people can follow for their counties, if they wish. Please contact me.AdkinsWH 17:02, 19 June 2012 (UTC)
The Welcoming Committee is here to support you and offer you a warm welcome to a Community that loves Family History. We thank you for your contributions! Please continue editing and consider joining in Projects Seeking Contributors or a live Community Meeting where you may meet other experienced users and contributors.
This message is posted on your "Talk Page" which is associated with your personal "User Page." We invite you to create your User Page so that others in the community can get to know you better and what you are working on in the Wiki. Learn more about creating your user page.
Your user page is also a great place to practice new skills and lets others know something about you and your genealogical interests. We hope you like this place and decide to join in.
Here are a few pages you may find helpful:
- Take a Wiki Tour.
- Learn to Search for Articles.
- Connect with others at the Community Center for the Wiki.
- Review the Guiding Principles of FamilySearch Wiki.
- Find out which topics are within the wiki's scope.
- Learn how to Help:Edit and Contribute.
You may find additional editing and technical assistance from experienced contributors in the FamilySearch Forums. Please sign your name only on discussion/talk pages. If you need personal assistance, feel free to contact Welcoming Committee Members.
Again, welcome! James L. Tanner 22:20, 9 September 2011 (UTC)
Currently, subpages are not implemented in the FamilySearch Research Wiki. We have discussed them at length and the conclusion has always been that they should be excluded. You are welcome to go to the Forums and start the discussion over again, if you wish. Thanks for asking.
James L. Tanner 02:17, 7 November 2012 (UTC)