Utah Genealogical AssociationEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Utah Genealogical Association|
PO Box 1144
Salt Lake City, UT 84110
|Vice-President|| Bud Wood|
|Last updated: Feb 28, 2015|
Utah Genealogical Association Mission Statement
The Utah Genealogical Association provides genealogical information, sources and education through personal instruction and published media on state, national and international family history topics, while promoting high standards and ethical practices.
The Utah Genealogical Association is interested in worldwide genealogical research methodology, sponsoring week-long courses annually at the Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy (SLIG). Pioneer certificates are issued to anyone proving pioneer heritage in Utah.
There are several advantages of membership in the Association, including:
- Discounts for:
- Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy
- Semi-Annual UGA Family History Conferences
- Chapter Activities and Events
- Crossroads Magazine: UGA's Quarterly magazine with articles relating to Genealogy and related subjects
- Access to:
- Virtual Chapter Meetings: These are online instructional meetings held the third Thursday of each month. Most are members only.
- Educational Projects supported and organized by Barry Ewell with three levels of expertise: Gold, Silver and Bronze
- Data for members only, such as rare marriage records from 1851-1884 in Utah and deeper details about the First Families of Utah.
- UGA Conference Planner: Guides UGA members through setting up a conference, seminar or fair (upcoming)
- Speakers Bureau: A list of presenters reviewed and approved through UGA for classes and meetings with contact information (upcoming)
History of the society
- Utah Indexing Projects in cooperation with FamilySearch: Births, Marriages, Death and Burial Records
- Wiki Project Utah: Finding Internet and local Utah resources for Family History and related research and methods.
- First Families of Utah: Recognizing and documenting prominent early Utah families
FamilySearch Wiki Page Adoptions
- Utah and the county pages.
- UGA Crossroads quarterly publication (Utah Periodicals gives further publication details.)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. What are the directions to the society?
- Q. What are the society's hours of operation?
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More