Valencia County, New Mexico GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
1852--Valencia County was created on 9 January 1852 as one of the original counties. County seat: Los Lunas 
On 19 June 1981, Cibola county NM created from the westernmost four-fifths.
For tips on accessing Valencia County, New Mexico Genealogy census records online, see: New Mexico Census.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
Land Records are located at the County Clerks Office of Valencia County NM
Most of the land in New Mexico was originally obtained from the US federal government by a patent. These General Land Office Records are searchable online and most have free images of patents to download. The minimum information needed for a search is the state where the land is located and the name of the person receiving the patent. Surveys and Land Status Records can also be searched here.
Valencia county NM Newspapers found at Library of Congress
A wiki article describing an online collection is found at:
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Los Lunas New Mexico Family History Center
- Los Lunas, New Mexico
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This New Mexico-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.