Vanderburgh County, IndianaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Indiana-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
Civil War service men from Vermillion County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Vermillion County.
- 1st Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Company A and Reorganized Company A
- 4th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Company F
- 10th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Companies A, B, G, and M
- 14th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company E
- 24th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company C
- 25th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies B, and C
- 30th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Reorganized Company A
- 42nd Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company A
- 65th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company H
- 91st Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company G
- 120th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company F
- 136th Regiment, Indiana Infantry (100 days, 1864), Companies A, B, and C
- 28th US Colored Troops, Company D, E, G, and Addition Recruits for Colored Troops
- Evansville Argus - African-American newspaper published from June 25, 1938 to October 22, 1943. The Editor and founder of the Evansville Argus Publishing Company was J. Wendell Holder. The David Rice Library at the University of Evansville has digital issues of (almost) the full run available freely online.
Societies and Libraries
- Vanderburgh County, INGenWeb - free genealogy resources; part of the national USGenWeb Project.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Vanderburgh County, Indiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback