Virginia's King William Light ArtilleryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Formed in the spring of 1861
- The battery served in T. H. Carter's, R. C. M. Page's, and W. E. Cutshaw's Battalion of Artillery.
- It participated in various conflicts from Seven Pines to Cold Harbor, moved with Early to the Shenandoah Valley, and was active around Appomattox.
- The unit reported 3 wounded at Gaines' Mill, 6 casualties during the Maryland Campaign, and twenty-two percent of the 103 engaged at Gettysburg disabled.
- It surrendered with 1 officer and 22 men.
- Captains Thomas H. Carter and William P. Carter were its commanders.
men raised in King William County
- This page was last modified on 15 November 2010, at 18:17.
- This page has been accessed 323 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback