Virginia's Southside Light ArtilleryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 15:15, 3 November 2010 by Claudiaj64
- Organized in January 1862
- It was assigned to the 2nd Regiment Virginia Artillery and when that unit disbanded, it became an independent command.
- For a time the battery was unattached, then it served in the Department of North Carolina and Southern Virginia and later the Department of Richmond.
- It participated in various conflicts around Suffolk and in the siege operations against Petersburg. However, much of its service was at Drewry's Bluff.
- Converted to infantry, the company ended the war at Appomattox. Where 1 officer and 67 men surrendered.
- Commanders were Captains John W. Brewry and James B. Jones.
- AKA - Drewry's Company, Virginia Artillery
Men from Chesterfield County
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More