Virginia Bible RecordsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 05:09, 27 May 2012 by Murphynw
Large collections of original Bible records are housed at the following archives:
- Library of Virginia (Family History Library films 029277-80). Indexed in Lyndon H. Hart, A Guide to Bible Records in the Library of Virginia, Two Volumes. (Richmond, Virginia: Library of Virginia, 1999; Family History Library book 975.5 D23h).
- Virginia Historical Society (Family History Library films 029890, 29895-97). Indexed in Virginia Historical Society (Richmond, Virginia), Index of Bible Records on File in the Virginia Historical Society, Richmond, Virginia, June 1987 (Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1987; on seven Family History Library films 1508536 and 1508561-6).
- Alderman Library of the University of Virginia. For copies of some Family Bibles housed here, see: FHL Film 029890).
- Guide to Virginia--Manuscript Sources (including Family Bibles) at the Alderman Library
- The Daughters of the American Revolution Library (DAR) has copied many Bible records from Virginia. Some of these are listed separately in the Family History Library Catalog (Family History Library films 849499-500 and Family History Library films 850094-96), and others are part of the collection described under Virginia Genealogy. They are partially indexed in:
- Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah includes microfilm copies and published abstracts of many Virginia family Bibles.
- Family Bible search in FHLC Catalog (try searching for surnames or keyword search for a surname + Bible)
- Bible Records of Suffolk & Nansemond County, Virginia: Together With Other ...: By Fillmore Norfleet
- Virginia Bible Records: This collection of Virginia Bible records contains information found in 487 family Bibles.
- Virginia Bible Records on Virginia Pioneers.net: Contains an index list of Bible records in their collection. You must be a member to see the contents of the Bible record.
- Pittsylvania County, Virginia Bible Records Online