Wabaunsee County, Kansas GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Kansas-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Wabaunsee County Courthouse
215 Kansas Street
Alma, KS 66401
Formerly Richardson Co. Name changed to Wabaunsee 11 Feb 1859.
County Clerk has birth, marriage and death records 1892-1910.
Clerk District Court has divorce, probate and court records. 
1855--Wabaunsee County was created 30 August 1855 as an original county. County seat: Alma 
Early migration routes to and from Wabaunsee County, Kansas Genealogy for European and African American settlers included:
Men from Waubaunsee county enlisted in:
- Second Infantry, Company B
- Eighth Infantry, Company E
- Second Cavalry, Companies A, B, F, K
- Fifth Cavalry, Company A
- Sixth Cavalry, Company F
- Eighth Cavalry, Company E
- Eleventh Cavalry, Companies E, G, K, L, M
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Wabaunsee County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Wabaunsee County, Kansas page 256, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ National Park Service, "(Auto Tour Route) Maps" in Oregon National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/oreg/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
- ↑ National Park Service, "(Auto Tour Route) Maps" in California National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/cali/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
- ↑ National Park Service, "Auto Tour Route Maps" in Mormon Pioneer National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/mopi/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).