Wales GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 12:01, 6 April 2011 by Bromaelor
more Wales Websites
The historic counties
What do you want to learn about your ancestor?
- Emigration: Record Selection Guide
- Key Online Record Set: Welsh Probates
- Browse by Topic: Pages for Wales
- FamilySearch: Welsh Records
- Article: Wales Missing Census Records
- Research Places: Aberkenfig Resource Centre & Cefn Mawr Resource Centre
- National Library of Wales: Manuscript Pedigrees
News and events
- Pre 1858 Welsh Probate indexes and free document images are now online.
- The 1911 census is now available online for all of Wales. About 13% of the schedules are printed and filled out in Welsh.
- Ordnance Survey Maps with registration district boundaries free to search online
- Coleg Llandrillo - Abergele offers a course for beginning family history research for ;Deaf People. BBC, See, Hear is looking at doing a special documentary feature on the class. More information to follow.
- Coleg Llandrillo - Abergele has signed a contract with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to host a Family History Library Center.
- The National Library of Wales at Aberystwyth has begun a £20 million project to make large parts of its collection available on-line. The project will take 10 years to complete and will involve the digitising of millions of documents, newspapers and books.
- The latest national Census in Wales took place on 27 March, 2011.
- BBC Wales have relaunched their website on Welsh Family History
- FamilySearch now has Welsh parish registers on microfilm.
- Cwrs Cymraeg This year's Welsh course, Cwrs Cymraeg Dyffryn Shenandoah, will be at Shenandoah University in Virginia on July 17-24, 2011.
Things you can do
- BBC Wales - Family History
- National Gazetteer of Wales
- Graveyard Welsh
- Welsh Mormon History
- BYU Research Outline for Wales
more Wales Websites
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More