WalesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 21:55, 8 April 2011 by WilliamsDa
The historic counties
What do you want to learn about your ancestor?
- Emigration: Record Selection Guide
- Key Online Record Set: Welsh Probates
- Browse by Topic: Pages for Wales
- FamilySearch: Welsh Records
- Article: Wales Missing Census Records
- Research Places: Aberkenfig Resource Centre & Cefn Mawr Resource Centre
- National Library of Wales: Manuscript Pedigrees
News and events
- Pre 1858 Welsh Probate indexes and free document images are now online.
- The 1911 census is now available online for all of Wales. About 13% of the schedules are printed and filled out in Welsh.
- Ordnance Survey Maps with registration district boundaries free to search online
- Coleg Llandrillo - Abergele offers a course for beginning family history research for ;Deaf People. BBC, See, Hear is looking at doing a special documentary feature on the class. More information to follow.
- Coleg Llandrillo - Abergele has signed a contract with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to host a Family History Library Center.
- The National Library of Wales at Aberystwyth has begun a £20 million project to make large parts of its collection available on-line. The project will take 10 years to complete and will involve the digitising of millions of documents, newspapers and books.
- The latest national Census in Wales took place on 27 March, 2011.
- BBC Wales have relaunched their website on Welsh Family History
- FamilySearch now has Welsh parish registers on microfilm.
- Cwrs Cymraeg This year's Welsh course, Cwrs Cymraeg Dyffryn Shenandoah, will be at Shenandoah University in Virginia on July 17-24, 2011.
Things you can do
- BBC Wales - Family History
- National Gazetteer of Wales
- Graveyard Welsh
- Welsh Mormon History
- BYU Research Outline for Wales
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback