Wallingford, ConnecticutEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Wallingford was established on October 10, 1667, when the Connecticut General Assembly authorized the "making of a village on the east river" to 38 planters and freemen. The “long highway” located on the ridge of the hill above the sandy plain along the Quinnipiac River is the present Main Street in Wallingford. On May 12, 1670, Wallingford was incorporated and about 126 people settled in the town. Six acre lots were set out and by the year 1675, 40 houses stretched along today's Main Street.
- East Wallingford
- Quinnipiac (partly in North Haven)
- Wallingford Center
Wallingford Probate District covers Town of Wallingford and the Society of Northford in North Branford.
- This page was last modified on 6 February 2015, at 03:42.
- This page has been accessed 578 times.