Walsh County, North Dakota GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Walsh County, North Dakota genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Walsh County, North Dakota|
Location in the state of North Dakota
Location of North Dakota in the U.S.
|Founded||May 20, 1881|
|Address|| Walsh County Courthouse|
600 Cooper Avenue
Grafton, ND 58237-1542
Walsh County Website
Clerk District Court has marriage records records from 1884,
divorce, probate and records from 1881; Register of Deeds
has land records
Vital Records consist of births, adoptions, marriages, divorces, and deaths recorded on registers, certificates, and documents. A copy or an extract of most original records can be purchased from the North Dakota Vital Records State Department of Health or the County Clerk's office of the county where the event occurred.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Walsh County, North Dakota Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Walsh County, North Dakota. Page 527 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).