Warren County, Illinois GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Warren County, Illinois|
Location of Illinois in the U.S.
|Founded:||January 13, 1825|
|Address|| 100 West Broadway|
Monmouth, IL 61462
|Named for: Joseph Warren|
|This Illinois-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Warren County Information
|Beginning Dates for Warren County Records|
Places / Localities
The following have information concerning African American research.
- African American Research (US) has more information about the kinds of records
- Illinois State Archives pamphlet on African American Research describes what records are at the State Archives with an online method for ordering records.
- African-American Resources for Illinois
Illinois cemetery records often identify birth, death, relationship, and military information, as well as religious affiliation.
- Find A Grave can be searched by the name of a person or family to find where a person is buried. Usually gives birth and death dates often with a picture of the tombstone. May give obituaries, names of family members and links to their information in Find A Grave.
- Find A Grave also gives a list of cemeteries in Warren County and links to the information for the individuals buried there.
- Warren Co. IL USGenWeb Tombstone Project usually gives the names of the deceased in alphabetical order by last name with birth and death dates plus any remarks.
- Illinois Cemeteries by county.
- The Family History Library Catalog lists some records of cemeteries in Warren County. Some of the books or others may be on Google Books or available at public libraries.
- ePodunk list of Warren County cemeteries gives the names of the cemeteries in the county with a link to more information such as address, phone number, and web site.
|IL Counties 1900-1990|
- A Census of Pensioners for Revolutionary or Military Services: With their Names, Ages, and Places of Residence, as Returned by the Marshalls of the Several Judicial Districts, Under the Act for Taking the Sixth Census. Washington, D.C., 1841. FHL 973 X2pc 1840; FHL 2321; digital version at Google Books. [See Illinois, Warren County on page 188.]
The Past and present of Warren County, Illinois : containing a history of the county, its cities, towns, &c., a biographical directory of its citizens, war record of its volunteers in the late rebellion, portraits of early settlers and prominent men, general and local statistics, map of Warren County, history of Illinois, Constitution of the United States, miscellaneous matters, etc., etc. Chicago: H.F. Kett & Co., 1877. Digital version at Ancestry ($).
- Historical Encyclopedia of Illinois and History of Warren County. Chicago: Munsell Pub. Co., 1903. Digital version at Ancestry ($).
- Civil War
Civil War service men from Warren County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies or regiments that were formed from men of Warren County.
- - 36th Regiment, Illinois Infantry, Company C.
- - 50th Regiment, Illinois Infantry, Companies A, B, C, D, and K.
- - 59th Regiment, Illinois Infantry, Company B.
- - 61st Regiment, Illinois Infantry, Company I.
- - 83rd Regiment, Illinois Infantry, Companies A, B, C, F, and H.
Societies and Libraries
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).