Warren County, Indiana GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Indiana-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
January 20, 1907 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
- Burned Counties Research in FamilySearch Wiki
- Michael John Neill, Burned Counties in Family History Circle
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- F.A. Battey & Co. Counties of Warren, Benton, Jasper and Newton, Indiana: Historical and Biographical. (Chicago: F.A. Battey & Co, 2008.) also (Digital images of original published: Mt. Vernon, IN : Windmill Publications, 1994. viii, 810 p. : ill., ports. ; 28 cm. The original is a reprint. It was originally published : Chicago : F.A. Battey, 1883.) FHL Collection Family History Archives other library Internet Archive
Civil War service men from Warren County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Warren County.
- 10th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Company C
- 10th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company B
- 11th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Company K
- 33rd Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company K
- 40th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company I
- 72nd Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies F, and I
- 86th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies D, and E
- 100th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company G
- 116th Regiment, Indiana Infantry (6 months, 1863-4), Company H
- 135th Regiment, Indiana Infantry (100 days, 1864), Company B
- 150th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies F, G, and H
- 154th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies A, E, and G
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Warren County, Indiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).