Warren County, KentuckyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Kentucky-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Warren County, Kentucky|
Location in the state of Kentucky
Location of Kentucky in the U.S.
|Founded||December 14, 1796|
|County Seat||Bowling Green|
1864--A disaster destroyed most of the records.
|Alvaton||Girkin||Lost River||Rich Pond|
|Blue Level||Greenhill||Memphis Junction||Rockland|
|Bowling Green||Greenwood||Motley||Sand Hill|
|Boyce||Guy||Mount Victor||Smiths Grove|
|Crestmoor||Hydro||Plum Springs||Three Springs|
The following have information concerning African American research. Both should be used:
- African American Research (US) has more information about the kinds of records
- Kentucky Minorities has information specific to Kentucky African Americans.
Kentucky cemetery records often identify birth, death, relationship, and military information, as well as religious affiliation. Local volunteers through Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness may take photographs of headstones found in county cemeteries.
- Kentucky Historical Society Cemetery Search can be searched by name, place and/or date. This database has hundreds of thousands of names transcribed from gravestones across Kentucky.
- Find A Grave also gives a list of cemeteries in Warren County and links to the information for the individuals buried there,
- Kentucky Cemeteries lists the national cemeteries in Kentucky with links to their web sites. The first link under Online Kentucky Cemeteries goes to the Kentucky section of Interment.net
- Warren Co. KY USGenWeb Tombstone Project usually gives the names of the deceased in alphabetical order by last name with birth and death dates plus any remarks.
- The Family History Library Catalog lists some records of cemeteries in Warren County. Some of the books or others may be on Google Books or available at public libraries.
- ePodunk list of Warren County cemeteries gives the names of the cemeteries in the county with a link to more information such as address, phone number, and web site.
Societies and Libraries
- Family History Library Catalog
- Warren County, Kentucky Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback