Warren County, New Jersey GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Warren County, New Jersey genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, Revolutionary War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Warren County, New Jersey|
Location in the state of New Jersey
Location of New Jersey in the U.S.
|Founded||November 20, 1824|
|Address|| Warren County Courthouse|
165 County Rd
Belvidere, NJ 07823
Warren County, New Jersey Historical Facts
A Moravian settlement was established at Hope by 1769.
Warren County, New Jersey Genealogical Resources
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Land and Property
Naturalization and Citizenship
Obtaining Copies of County Probate Records
Copies of recorded probate records and the estate files can be obtained from the surrogate's offices for a fee. Addresses of surrogate's offices are found in:
- Eichholz, Alice, Editor. Ancestry's Red Book: American State, County, and Town Sources. Revised Edition. Salt Lake City, Utah: Ancestry, 1992. (Family History Library book 973 D27rb 1992.) Explains state-by-state history, vital records, census, background sources, periodicals, archives, libraries, societies, maps, land, probate, court, tax, cemetery, church, and military records. Includes county boundary map and table which shows when each county was created and the parent counties.
In addition, copies of the original wills, administrations, inventories, and guardianships sent to Trenton since 1901 can be ordered from:
Clerk of the Superior Court
Records Information Center
P.O. Box 967
Trenton, NJ 08625-0967
Phone: (609) 292-4978
Fax: (609) 777-0094
Family History Centers
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
Warren County, New Jersey Web Sites
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
Warren County, New Jersey Places
Warren County, New Jersey Genealogy References
- ↑ "A Forgotten Moravian Settlement in New Jersey," The Pennsylvania Magazine of History and Biography, Vol. 37 (1913):248-252. For free online access, see WeRelate.
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 181. [FHL book 973 D27e 2002].
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More