Warren County, Virginia GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Has anyone studied my Warren County, Virginia Genealogy before?
More than a few family history books and articles have been published about Warren County's families.
- Main article: Warren County, Virginia
- Cartmell, T. K. Shenandoah Valley Pioneers and Their Descendants: A History of Frederick County, Virginia (Illustrated) from Its Formation in 1738 to 1908, Compiled Mainly from Original Records of Old Frederick County, Now Hampshire, Berkeley, Shenandoah, Jefferson, Hardy, Clarke, Warren, Morgan and Frederick. n.p.: n.p., c1909. FHL Collection 975.59 H2c 1963; FHL Collection 1000634 Item 1]; digital versions at Ancestry ($); Family History Archives and World Vital Records ($). [3 copies at FHL.]
- O'Dell, Cecil. Pioneers of Old Frederick County, Virginia. Marceline, Mo.: Walsworth Pub. Co., 1995. FHL Collection. One of the most impressively researched one-place studies in the United States. In a review, Dorman stated "Comprehensive studies such as this appear only rarerly. This volume should be in every Virginia genealogical collection."
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- [Buck] Buck, Walter H. The Buck Family of Virginia. Baltimore, Md.: Printed by Schneidereith & Sons, 1936. FHL Film 1463955 Item 4.
- [Duncan] Dobson, Mary Ann Duncan. Duncan Research Files of Mary Ann (Duncan) Dobson. MSS. 1975-1999. FHL Film 795593 Item 2 Includes Warren County Duncans.
- [Fristoe] Campbell, Judith A. Some Descendants of the Fristoe and Mauck Families of Warren County & Page County, Virginia. Rileyville, Va.: J.A. Campbell, 1997. FHL Collection 929.273 F918c
- [Poe] Brannan, Pauline Mae. The Poe Family Line: A History of the Poe Family and Collaterals, Including Short Histories of Collaterals Corley, Hitt, Crim and Spielman, Early Families Found in Fauquier, Warren and Rappahannock Counties of Virginia. Bel Air, Md.: P.S. Brannan, 1974. FHL Book 929.273 P752b.
- [Rust] Rust, Ellsworth Marshall. Rust of Virginia: Genealogical and Biographical Sketches of the Descendants of William Rust, 1654-1940. Washington, D.C.: Rust, 1940. FHL Book 929.273 R922re.
- ↑ John Frederick Dorman, "Review of Pioneers of Old Frederick County, Virginia," in The Virginia Genealogist, Vol. 39, No. 3 (Jul.-Sep. 1995):236.