Warwick County, Virginia Compiled GenealogiesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- See also the main article on genealogical research in Warwick County, Virginia.
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
A great place to start searches for Warwick County's earliest settlers is:
- McCartney, Martha W. Virginia Immigrants and Adventurers 1607-1635: A Biographical Dictionary. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Pub. Co., 2007. FHL Collection; publisher's bookstore: Genealogical Publishing Company.
- [Armistead] Wiatt, Alexander Lloyd. The Descendants of Stephen Field of King and Queen County, Virginia, 1721: With Notes on the Armistead, Booth, Catesby-Cocke, Catlett, Jones, Lightfoot, Smith, Tabb, Todd and Wiatt Families. n.p.: A. Wiatt, 1992. FHL Book 929.273 F458w.
- [Averett] Averett, Charles Ray and Maurine Averett Moser. Progenitors of the Averett-Gill, Willis-Witt, DeGraw-Dutton, Hampton- Maxwell, Bracken families: and the Descendants of James Lafayette Averett and Laura Anis Maxwell. n.p.: C.R. Averett, 1990. FHL Collection
- [Cary] Page, Richard Channing Moore. Genealogy of the Page Family in Virginia. Also a Condensed Account of the Nelson, Walker, Pendleton and Randolph Families, With References to the Bland, Burwell, Byrd, Carter, Cary, Duke, Gilmer, Harrison, Rives, Thornton, Wellford, Washington, and Other Distinguished Families in Virginia. New York: Press of the Publishers' Printing Co., 1893. FHL Collection; digital version at Google Books (full-view).
- [Cary] Harrison, Fairfax. The Virginia Carys. New York: De Vinne Press, 1919. FHL Collection
- [Cary] Harrison, Fairfax. The Devon Carys, 2 vols. New York: De Vinne Press, 1920. FHL Collection
- [Cary] Carey, Virginia Miller. Carey Highlights. Prichard, West Virginia: V.M. Carey, 1983. FHL Collection
- [Cary] Wynne, Humphrey Harwood and Myles Johnson. H.H. Wynne Notebook - Transcription. Washington, D.C.: Myles Johnson, 199-?. FHL Collection 929.273 A1 no. 8044
- [Chappell] Gray, Beulah B. The Chappell Family. Typescript. FHL Collection
- [Cole] Cole, Robert F. The Capt. A. B. Cole Genealogy. Miami, Florida: Cole, 1964. FHL Collection
- [Cole] Goodson, David Spencer. A Goodman Family with Some Related Families. [La Grange, Georgia: D.S. Goodson?, 2000?]. FHL Collection
- [Cosby] Carpenter, John S. Cosby Genealogy. Typescript, 1860. FHL Collection 1036699 Item 16
- [Daniell] Ray, Worth S. Ancestry and Probable Origin of the Daniell Family of York County, Virginia. MSS., 1955, reproduction: FHL Collection
- [Dudley] Hansford, Thelma Ironmonger. James Dudley, Son of William and Rebecca Dudley. Seaford, Va.: T.I. Hansford, 1965. FHL Collection
- [George] Shockey, Amanda Rudder Taylor. Our George Family. [Camden, Ohio]: A.R.T. Shockey, 1991. FHL Collection
- [Glascock] Glassco, Lawrence A. The Glas(s)cocks of England and America: Glas(s)cocks of England Prior to 1643 and of America After 1643 ... [Alexandria, Virginia]: L.A. Glassco, 1984. FHL Collection
- [Harlow] Harlow, Michael G. The Harlow Family in Virginia. n.p.:n.p., n.d. FHL Collection 929.273 H225hm
- [Harwood] Farley, C.A. Three Hundred Fifty Years of Harwoods, 1620-1970. Lubbock, Tex.: C.A. Farley, 1970. FHL Collection
- [Hoggard] Walter, Alice Granbery. The Hoggards of Poplar Hall, 1654-1987, and in Warwick & Princess Anne Counties, Virginia. Virginia Beach, Virginia: A.G. Walter, 1988. FHL Collection
- [Jones] Ridgell, J.M. Letter, 1967 16 October, Williamsburg, Virginia, to Mrs. Charles R. Jones, San Pierre, Indiana. MSS., North Judson Public Library, North Judson, Ind.; reproduction: FHL Collection
- [Mallicote] Walter, Alice Granbery. Mallicote Family of Warwick County, Virginia. Virginia Beach, Virginia: A.G. Walter, [1983?]. FHL Collection
- [Oates] Oates, John Martin. Roots, Seeds, and Other Things. 2 vols. [North Carolina?]: J.M. Oates, 1989, 1993. FHL Collection
- [Presson] Crandol, Robert H. Genealogy of Robert H. Crandol: Includes Crandol, Butler, Tignor, Ironmonger, Butler [and] Wright of Chesterfield Co., Presson of York Co., Warwick Co. and Richmond Co., Virginia. MSS., 1990, reproduction: FHL Collection
- [Ransha] Walter, Alice Granbery. Ramshaw/Ransha/Rainshaw Family of Warwick County, Virginia with Hoggard & Thurmer Connection. Virginia Beach, Virginia: A.G. Walter, [1983?]. FHL Collection
- [Reynolds] Rhoads, Helen W. The Christopher Reynolds Family. Green Valley, Arizona: H. W. Rhoads, 1981. FHL Collection
- [Smith] Lineage of Mrs. Euphenia Aylett (Cofer) Gwathmey. MSS., reproduction: FHL Collection
- [Stokes] Stokes, J. Lemacks. The Book of Stokes, 1201-1915. n.p.: P.B. Stokes, 1982. FHL Collection
- [Thurmer] Walter, Alice Granbery. The Search for the Ancestors of Robert Thurmer of Elizabeth City & York Counties, Virginia. [Virginia Beach, Virginia: A.G. Walter, 1980?]. FHL Collection
- [Wells] See Wills.
- [Whitaker] Whitaker, James Allen. The Family of Richard Mark Whitaker of Gold Rock, N.C.: Remembrances. Rocky Mount, N.C.: J.A. Whitaker, 1993?. FHL Collection 2055187 Item 32
- [Wills] Lassiter, Charles A. The Wells Family History, Calloway County, Kentucky. Cary, North Carolina: [C.A. Lassiter], 1993. FHL Collection; digital version at Family History Archives.
- [Winn] See Wynne.
- [Wooton] Wooton, Richard C. The Woottens of York County, Virginia. Arlington, Virginia: Wooten and Related Families Association, 1984. FHL Collection
- [Wooton] Wooten, R.K. Wooten Pedigree Chart and Information Sheet. Little Rock, Ark.: n.p., 198-?. FHL CollectionUS/CAN Pedigree File, PEDIGREE no. 1980
- [Wynne] Crawford, Thomas M. Genealogical Papers, ca. 844-1962. Typescript. FHL Collection 1307502 Item 24
- [Wynne] Johnson, Myles. The Wynne Family of York, Warwick & James City Counties, Virginia. Washington, D.C.: M. Johnson, 1985. FHL Collection 929.273 W992j
- [Wynne] Johnson, Myles. Wynne History Supplement: Corrections and Additions to The Wynne family of York, Warwick, and James City Counties, Virginia. Washington, D.C.: M. Johnson, [198-?]. FHL Collection