Washington County, Kansas GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Kansas-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Washington County Courthouse
214 C Street
Washington, KS 66968-1928
County Clerk has birth, marriage and death records 1887-1911.
Clerk District Court has marriage records from 1868,
divorce, probate and court records from 1873
and naturalization records 1870-1938.
Register of Deeds has land records. 
1859--Washington County was created in 1859 from unorganized territory. County seat: Washington 
- Gage County Nebraska
- Jefferson County, Nebraska
- Thayer County, Nebraska
Early migration routes to and from Washington County, Kansas Genealogy for European and African American settlers included:
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Washington County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Washington County, Kansas page 257, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ National Park Service, "(Auto Tour Route) Maps" in Oregon National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/oreg/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
- ↑ National Park Service, "(Auto Tour Route) Maps" in California National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/cali/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
- ↑ National Park Service, "Auto Tour Route Maps" in Mormon Pioneer National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/mopi/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).