Washington County, Rhode Island GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Washington County, Rhode Island|
Location in the state of Rhode Island
Location of Rhode Island in the U.S.
|Founded||June 3, 1729|
There is no county government. The government is located at town and state levels.
- Named for George Washington, the American Revolutionary general, and first president of the United States.
- Washington County is more commonly known as "South County."
- Renamed Washington County 29 October 1781.
- Lost census: 1890
Places / Localities
Societies and Libraries
- The Washington County RIGenWeb Project, an member of The RIGenWeb Project
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Washington County.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Washington County. (backup site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library Catalog for Washington County.
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 181. [FHL book 973 D27e 2002].
|This Rhode Island-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.