Washington County, Rhode Island GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Washington County, Rhode Island|
Location in the state of Rhode Island
Location of Rhode Island in the U.S.
|Founded||June 3, 1729|
There is no county government. The government is located at town and state levels.
- Named for George Washington, the American Revolutionary general, and first president of the United States.
- Washington County is more commonly known as "South County."
- Renamed Washington County 29 October 1781.
- Lost census: 1890
Places / Localities
Societies and Libraries
- The Washington County RIGenWeb Project, an member of The RIGenWeb Project
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Washington County.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Washington County. (backup site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library Catalog for Washington County.
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 181. [FHL book 973 D27e 2002].
|This Rhode Island-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News