Washington County, Rhode IslandEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Washington County, Rhode Island|
Location in the state of Rhode Island
Location of Rhode Island in the U.S.
|Founded||June 3, 1729|
There is no county government. The government is located at town and state levels.
- Named for George Washington, the American Revolutionary general, and first president of the United States.
- Washington County is more commonly known as "South County."
- Renamed Washington County 29 October 1781.
- Lost census: 1890
Places / Localities
Clickable Town Map
Societies and Libraries
- The Washington County RIGenWeb Project, an member of The RIGenWeb Project
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Washington County.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Washington County. (backup site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library Catalog for Washington County.
|This Rhode Island-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback