Washington Parish, LouisianaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Washington Parish, Louisiana|
Location in the state of Louisiana
Location of Louisiana in the U.S.
|Founded||March 6, 1819|
|Address|| Corner of Washington and Main Street|
Franklinton, LA 70438
- 1819--Washington Parish was created 6 March 1819 from St. Tammany Parish.
Parish seat: Franklinton 
See an interactive map of Washington Parish boundary changes.
Places / Localities
Neighboring Parishes or Counties
- Marion County, Mississippi
- Pearl River County, Mississippi
- Pike County, Mississippi
- St. Tammany
- Walthall County, Mississippi
- Louisiana African American Griots Project ~ USGenWeb Project
- Afrigeneas - African Ancestored Genealogy
- Cemeteries of Washington Parish - LAGenWeb
- LA Tombstone Transcription Project ~ partial records and photos ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- Interment.net ~ LA cemetery records by parish
- African American Cemeteries ~ listing by county
- FindaGrave.com ~ cemetery records with search by cemetery, by surname
|Washington Parish Census Data|
Photos of Families, Buildings, Catalogs, etc. - LAGenWeb
Franklin Centennial (1861-1961) Scrapbook - LAGenWeb
Washington Parish Fair - LAGenWeb
Washington Parish Free Fair Catalogs - LAGenWeb
Louisiana Records and Statistics Information ~ where and how to order information.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Family History Library Catalog
- Washington Parish, Louisiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed., Washington Parish, Louisiana p 293 (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ United States Census Bureau. "Washington Parish Quickfacts". http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/22/22117.html. Retrieved 2008-02-02.
- ↑ United States Census Bureau. "Louisiana Population of Counties by Decennial Census: 1900 to 1990". http://www.census.gov/population/cencounts/la190090.txt. Retrieved 2008-02-02.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback