Waterloo County, OntarioEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 23:04, 14 November 2008 by Copferfam
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1837 - The townships of Proton, Luther, Melancthon and Amaranth become part of the County of Waterloo.
- 1838 - The townships of Waterloo, Wilmot, Woolwich, and some reserved lands west of Woolwich were to become part of the County of Waterloo.
- 1840 - Halton County is divided into the East Riding and the West Riding. The West Riding contains the townships of Garafraxa, Nichol, Woolwich, Guelp[h, Waterloo, Wilmot, Dumfries, Puslinch, Eramosa, and others.
- 1845 - West Riding of Halton County designated as County of Waterloo. Waterloo County included the townships of Arthur, Amaranth, Bentinck, Derby, Eramosa, Egremont, Guelph, Glenelg, Garrafraxa [sic], Holland, Luther, Mornington, Minto, Maryborough, Melancthon, Normanby, Nichol, Peel, Proton, Puslinch, Sydenham, Sullivan, Waterloo, Wilmot, Woolwich, and Wellesley. Erin was included for all purposes except Legislative Assembly representation, while Dumfries was included for purposes of Legislative Assembly representation.
- 1850 - Waterloo County includes the townships of Arthur, Amaranth, Bentinck, Derby, Eramosa, Egremont, Erin, Guelph, Glenelg, Garrafraxa [sic], Holland, Luther, Mornington, Minto, Maryborough, Melancthon, Normanby, Nichol, Peel, Proton, Puslinch, Sydenham, Sullivan, Waterloo, Wilmot, Woolwich, and Wellesley. Land included in Waterloo County included land to the north ot the Townships of Derby, Arran, and Saugeen and between Lake Huron and Georgian Bay, that had been known as the Indian Reserve.
- 1852 - Waterloo County alters in size. Townships within Waterloo County are North Dumfries, Waterloo, Wellesley, Wilmot, and Woolwich. The southern half of Dumfries went to Brant County.
- 1973 - Waterloo County is dissolved.
- North Dumfries
- Waterloo ( 1861 map of township)
- Wellesley Neighboring Counties
Perth | Oxford | Brant | Wellington
- Cemeteries of Waterloo County, Ontario full and partial transcriptions at Interment.net
Societies and Libraries
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback