Wayne County, MississippiEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 00:32, 7 October 2011 by Sandralpond
|This Mississippi-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
The county is named after Revolutionary War General "Mad" Anthony Wayne (1745-1796).
- Civil War service men from Wayne County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Wayne County.
- - 1st Regiment, Mississippi Cavalry Reserves
- Company H - McGriff’s Company
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback