Wayne County, Ohio GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Ohio-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Dates for major county records|
|For earlier dates, try...|
|Remember these collections|
|Wayne County, Ohio|
Location in the state of Ohio
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
|Created||February 13, 1808|
|Address|| 107 West Liberty St|
|Named for: "Mad" Anthony Wayne|
See an interactive map of Wayne County boundary changes.
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
- Civil War service men from Wayne County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Wayne County.
- - 4th Regiment, Ohio Infantry (3 months, 1861), Company E (also known as Given Guards) with many men from Wooster.
- - 41st Regiment, Ohio Infantry, Company C
- - 102nd Regiment, Ohio Infantry , Companies F, H , and I
- - 107th Regiment, Ohio Infantry, Company C, especially from the town of Wooster
- - 166th Regiment, Ohio Infantry (National Guard), Company G
Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002).