Webster County, Kentucky GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
|Derby||Jolly||Rock Spring||West Wheatcroft|
The following have information concerning African American research. Both should be used:
- African American Research (US) has more information about the kinds of records
- Kentucky Minorities has information specific to Kentucky African Americans.
Kentucky cemetery records often identify birth, death, relationship, and military information, as well as religious affiliation. Local volunteers through Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness may take photographs of headstones found in county cemeteries.
- Kentucky Historical Society Cemetery Search can be searched by name, place and/or date. This database has hundreds of thousands of names transcribed from gravestones across Kentucky.
- Find A Grave can be searched by the name of a person or family to find where a person is buried. Usually gives birth and death dates often with a picture of the tombstone. May give obituaries, names of family members and links to their information in Find A Grave.
- Find A Grave also gives a list of cemeteries in Webster County and links to the information for the individuals buried there,
- Kentucky Cemeteries lists the national cemeteries in Kentucky with links to their web sites. The first link under Online Kentucky Cemeteries goes to the Kentucky section of Interment.net
- Webster Co. KY USGenWeb Tombstone Project usually gives the names of the deceased in alphabetical order by last name with birth and death dates plus any remarks.
- The Family History Library Catalog lists some records of cemeteries in Webster County. Some of the books or others may be on Google Books or available at public libraries.
- ePodunk list of Webster County cemeteries gives the names of the cemeteries in the county with a link to more information such as address, phone number, and web site.
- USGS GNIS search results for Webster County, Kentucky cemeteries
- Webster County, Kentucky Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
Societies and Libraries
The primary branch of the Webster County library is located in Dixon, Kentucky, and maintains a genealogy section including local histories, many local newspapers on microfilm, and microfilmed copies of county vital records.
A satellite library branch exists in Providence, Kentucky, and maintains a smaller genealogy section, mostly focusing on historical photographs.
- Webster County, Kentucky wikipedia page
- Webster County, Kentucky 1999 Highway Map
- Webster County Kentucky USGenWeb Project page
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).