Weld County, ColoradoEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Weld County Colorado genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Weld County, Colorado|
Location in the state of Colorado
Location of Colorado in the U.S.
|Founded||November 1, 1861|
|Address|| Weld County Courthouse|
1402 17th Street
Greeley, CO 80631-1123
Weld County Website
County Clerk has marriage and land records;
Clerk District Court has divorce, probate and court records
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
1861--Weld County was created 1 November 1861 as an original county.
Business Records and Commerce
- Centennial State Chapter, National Society Daughters of the American Revolution Cemetery Project
- Weld County Cemeteries on Weld County Genealogical Society web page
For tips on accessing Weld County, Colorado census records online, see: Colorado Census.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- Records of Our Savior Lutheran Church, Greeley, in Evangelical Lutheran Church in America database at Archives.com ($).
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Local histories are available for Weld County, Colorado. County histories may include biographies, church, school and government history, and military information. For more information about local histories, see the wiki page section Colorado Local Histories.
Land and Property
See Colorado Land and Property for additional information about early Colorado land grants.
After land was transferred to private ownership, subsequent transactions were usually recorded at the county courthouse, where current records are also housed.
Naturalization and Citizenship
Additional newspapers abstracts can sometimes be found using search phrases such as Weld County, Colorado newspapers in online catalogs like:
- List of Weld County Newspapers
Colorado State Archives has put an Index to the Weld County Poor Records for 1902-1913 on-line.
Probate records have been kept by the county courts. Colorado probate records include bonds, affidavits, letters, claims, appraisals, fee accounts, minutes, judgments, dockets, calendars, case files, and wills. The Family History Library does not have copies of probate records from Colorado.
You may obtain copies of documents from the clerk's office in the county courthouse.
Family History Centers
- Dacono Public Library
512 Cherry Street
Dacono, CO 80514
- Windsor-Severance Library District
720 Third Street
Windsor, CO 80550
- High Plains Library District
1939 61st Avenue
Greeley, CO 80634
- Northeastern Colorado Heritage League
PO Box 337241
Greeley, CO 80633
- Weld County Genealogical Society
P.O. Box 278
Greeley, CO 80632
- The Johnstown Historical Society
701 Charlotte St.
Johnstown, Colorado 80534
- South Platte Valley Historical Society
PO Box 633
Fort Lupton, CO 80621
Colorado tax records complement land records and can be used as supplements to censuses. There may be gaps of several years in the records. To find tax records in the Family History Library Catalog, do a Place Search for the county.
Vital Records consist of births, adoptions, marriages, divorces, and deaths recorded on registers, certificates, and documents. A copy or an extract of most original records can be purchased from the Vital Records Section Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment or the County Clerk's office of the county where the event occurred.
For some online statewide indexes, see the FamilySearch Historical Record Collections for Colorado.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Weld County, Colorado Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Weld County Genealogical Society
- Weld County Master Index
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Weld County, Colorado. Page 101 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
|This Colorado-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback