Wells County, Indiana GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Wells County; 102 W Market St; Bluffton, IN 46714; Ph. 219.824.6479 Details: (Co Hlth Dept has b & d rec; Co Clk has m, div & ct rec from 1837 & pro rec from 1838; Co Redr has land rec)
- Cemeteries of Well County Linkpendium INGen Web Indiana Genealogical Society
- Apostolic Christian Church Cemetery
- LDS Cemetery Records
US Vol. 5 page 193 - Prairieview Cemetery
- Spider Hill Cemetery, Bluffton BillionGraves
For tips on accessing Wells County, Indiana Genealogy census records online, see: Indiana Census.
- Index to Defective, Dependent & Delinquent Census for Well County, Indiana (1880) (members only database, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- History of Well County Linkpendium
- Tyndall, John W., and O. E. Lesh. 1975. Standard history of Adams and Wells counties, Indiana: an authentic narrative of the past, with an extended survey of modern developments in the progress of town and country. (Evansville, Ind: Unigraphic, Inc.) 977.27 H2t FHL US/CAN Book FHL Collection other library Vol. 1 INTERNET ARCHIVE Family History Archive Vol. 2 INTERNET ARCHIVE
- Maps and Gazetteers Linkpendium
- Military Records and Hisrtoies Linkpendium
Civil War service men from Well County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Well County.
- 11th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Company C
- 13th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Reorganized Company H
- 16th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Reorganized Company K
- 34th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies A, and K
- 47th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies A, and K
- 75th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company K
- 88th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company F
- 101st Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies B and G
- 130th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company F
- 137th Regiment, Indiana Infantry (100 days, 1864), Company E
- 138th Regiment, Indiana Infantry (100 days, 1864), Company I
- 153rd Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies B, E, and G
- 155th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company F
- 28th US Colored Troops, Addition Recruits for Colored Troops
- Indiana State Digital Achives for Death, E-Publication, Instiution, Military, Misc Historical, Naturalization Records can be searched by person name (accessed 26 May 2011)
- Indiana Marriages, 1802-1892 - Ancestry.con $
- Indiana Marriages, 1780-1992 - FamilySearch
- Indiana Marriage, 1811-1959 - FamilySearch
- Indiana, Death Index, 1882-1920 - FamilySearch
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Wells County, Indiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This Indiana-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.