Wells County, Indiana GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Indiana-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
- Cemeteries of Well County Linkpendium INGen Web
- Apostolic Christian Church Cemetery
- LDS Cemetery Records
US Vol. 5 page 193 - Prairieview Cemetery
- History of Well County Linkpendium
- Tyndall, John W., and O. E. Lesh. 1975. Standard history of Adams and Wells counties, Indiana: an authentic narrative of the past, with an extended survey of modern developments in the progress of town and country. (Evansville, Ind: Unigraphic, Inc.) 977.27 H2t FHL US/CAN Book FHL Collection other library Vol. 1 INTERNET ARCHIVE Family History Archive Vol. 2 INTERNET ARCHIVE
Civil War service men from Well County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Well County.
- 11th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Company C
- 13th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Reorganized Company H
- 16th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Reorganized Company K
- 34th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies A, and K
- 47th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies A, and K
- 75th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company K
- 88th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company F
- 101st Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies B and G
- 130th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company F
- 137th Regiment, Indiana Infantry (100 days, 1864), Company E
- 138th Regiment, Indiana Infantry (100 days, 1864), Company I
- 153rd Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies B, E, and G
- 155th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company F
- 28th US Colored Troops, Addition Recruits for Colored Troops
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Wells County, Indiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).