Western Australia BMDsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Registration of births, marriages and deaths was introduced in September 1841. Before that date, information can be traced through church records.
Information in the Records
Births: The Western Australian Indexes have births records between 1841-1932. See below for the link.
Marriages: Indexed from 1841-1936
Death: To find a death in Western Australia, use the links on this page, remember that a woman is usually listed under her married name.
- Western Australian Online Indexes are available for births 1841-1932; marriages 1841-1936; and deaths 1841-1965.
- The State Records Office Of Western Australia
The State Records Office includes many records that will assist you in researching your family history. They include; passenger lists, convict records, court case files and wills and many other resources.
- WA - Cemetery Board - Index for Karrakatta, Fremantle, Guildford, Midland and Pinaroo Cemeteries
This website is presented beautifully and has a great search facility that allows the user to search on surname and first name. By clicking on the name of the person the user will then see details of date and age of death, plus the actual gravesite number.
- A very helpful website from the Western Australian Genealogical Society Inc. (WAGS) with lots of links to help with your research.
- Western Australian Wheat Belt gravesites added in 1984 and is constantly updated. A very useful website covering cemeteries in the Western Austalia wheatbelt area.
- Another great website for Burials and includes photos of the monuments.
Before you can search the Western Australian Online Indexes you must select the type of record (birth, marriage or death) that you seek. Once you select, the search boxes will appear on the screen.
Location of the Original Records
Level 10, 141 St Georges Terrace
PERTH WA 6000
Phone: 1300 305 021(within Australia)
Overseas calls only: International Access Code + 61 8 9264 1555
Fax: (08) 9264 1599
PO Box 7720
PERTH WA 6850