What will I find in probate records?Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
You may find the following information in probate records:
- Person's exact death date
- Names of the family members
- Family relationships
- Names of spouses of children
- Adoption or guardianship of minor children or dependents
- Worth of their property and land holdings1
Szucs, Loretto Dennis and Sandra Hargreaves Luebking. The Source A Guidebook to American Genealogy. (Provo, Utah: Ancestry, 2006).
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback