White County, IndianaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
White County Courthouse
110 North Main Street
PO Box 350
Monticello, IN 47960
County Clerk has marriage, divorce, probate and court records from 1834.
County Recorder has land records.
County Health Department has birth, death and burial records. 
For tips on accessing White County, Indiana census records online, see: Indiana Census.
- Index to Defective, Dependent & Delinquent Census for White County, Indiana (1880) (members only database, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Directory of Businesses in White County, Indiana (1868) (members only database, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Arthur, Carrie, Edna Bierrum, and Berniece Drybread. 1973.Index to counties of White and Pulaski, Indiana. Historical and biographical. (Winamac, Indiana: The Pulaski County Genealogical Society.) 977.29 H2w FHL US/CAN Book FHL Collection other libraries INTERNET ARCHIVE
- Biographical history of Tippecanoe, White, Jasper, Newton, Benton, Warren and Pulaski counties, (Indiana. 2003. La Crosse WI: Brookhaven Press.) FHL US/CAN Film 1731988 FHL Collection other library vol.1 Google books vol.2 Google books
- Hamelle, William H. 1977. A standard history of White County, Indiana: an authentic narrative of the past, with an extended survey of modern developments in the progress of town and country. (Evansville, Ind: Unigraphic.) 977.293 H2h FHL US/CAN Book FHL Collection other libraries INTERNET ARCHIVE
- Civil War
Civil War service men from White County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in White County.
- 9th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Reorganized Company B
- 11th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company I
- 12th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Company K
- 12th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Reorganized Companies B, and D
- 13th Battery, Indiana Light Artillery
- 20th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company K and Reorganized Company K
- 46th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies E, F, and G (Company E "The Monticello Rifles")
- 63th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies D, and G
- 99th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies F, and G
- 116th Regiment (6 months, 1863-4), Indiana Infantry, Company K
- 128th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company F
- 142nd Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies B, and H
- 151st Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company G
- 155th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies K, and G
- 28th US Colored Troops, Addition Recruits
1890 Census Veterans Schedules
The 1890 Census Veterans Schedules for White County are available on roll 118 of "Special Schedules of the Eleventh Census (1890) Enumerating Union Veterans and Widows of Union Veterans of the Civil War" (NARA M123). The schedules list veterans and their widows who served as Union soldiers in the Civil War. For more information on the 1890 Veterans Schedules see Union Census Records.
Civil War Book
- "Military Matters," Chapter 11 in Hamelle, William H, A standard history of White County, ( Chigago : Lewis Pub. Co., 1915.) ,, Page 177-188; 977.293 H2h FHL1550208 other library Internet Archive
- "Military Matters" Chapter 11 in Hamelle, William H. 1977. A standard history of White County, Indiana: an authentic narrative of the past, with an extended survey of modern developments in the progress of town and country. (Evansville, Ind: Unigraphic.), (page 176-191), 977.293 H2h FHL US/CAN Book FHL Collection other libraries INTERNET ARCHIVE
Civil War Databases
- Residents of White County Who Died in the Civil War ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Selected School Records of Wolcott, White County, Indiana (1898-1927) (members only database, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Indiana State Digital Achives for Death, E-Publication, Instiution, Military, Misc Historical, Naturalization Records can be searched by person name (accessed 26 May 2011)
- Indiana Marriages, 1802-1892 - Ancestry.con $
- Indiana Marriages, 1780-1992 - FamilySearch
- Indiana Marriage, 1811-1959 - FamilySearch
- Indiana, Death Index, 1882-1920 - FamilySearch
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Family History Library Catalog
- White County, Indiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), White County, Indiana 217 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
|This Indiana-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback