Williams County, Ohio GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Williams County, Ohio|
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
|Address|| Williams County Courthouse|
1 Courthouse Square
Bryan, Ohio 43506
Williams County website
United States Ohio Williams County
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent Counties: Formed from Darke, Shelby, and Wood Counties in 1820 (1824).
- County Seat: Bryan
- Neighboring Counties: Williams County, Ohio Genealogy residents may also have records in Hillsdale County, Michigan (north) · Defiance (south) · Steuben County, Indiana (northwest) · DeKalb County, Indiana (southwest) · Henry (southeast) · Fulton (east)
See an interactive map of Williams County boundary changes.
Business Records and Commerce
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Land and Property
- Civil War
Civil War service men from Williams County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Williams County.
Naturalization and Citizenship
The Williams County Public Library has an online obit index  to the local Williams County newspapers. Email them your index information and your snail mail address to obtain a copy of the obit.
The Bryan Times 11,650 issues Jan 23, 1800 - Dec 31, 2007 is online for free through news.google.com/newspapers.
Williams County Courthouse
107 W Butler Street
Bryan, OH 43506
County Record Center has birth and death records 1867-1908,
marriage and probate records 1824-1984, divorce and court
records 1824-1977 and naturalization records 1860-1926;
County Health Department has birth and death records from 1909
Family History Centers
William County Public Library 107 E. High Street Bryan, OH 43506
Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Wikipedia contributors, "Williams County, Ohio" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Williams_County,_Ohio (accessed 10 May 2012).
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Williams County, Ohio. Page 546 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More