Winchester Virginia Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours
- 399 Apple Pie Ridge Rd Winchester VA 22601 United States
- The entrance to the Family History Center is at the rear of the building.
- The doors to the building are normally locked.
- There is a doorbell button located on the left edge of the double doors.
- Press the button and a staff member will release the door latch.
- Enter through the right door of the double doors.
- Once inside go to the left within the main lobby, and then down the left corridor.
- The family history center is about half way down the hall on the left hand side.
- 'Tuesday: '1'2:00pm - 4:00pm and 6:00pm - 8:30pm
- Wednesday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm and 6:00pm - 8:30pm
- Holiday Schedule:
Inclement Weather Policy: We follow the same closing schedule as the Frederick County Schools: please call before leaving for the center:
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 6 computers with portal access, microfilm and microfiche reader, printers and scanner.
- 2 Microfilm readers.
- 1 Microfiche reader.
- Lexmark printer, scanner, copier.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
The nearby Handley Regional Library has extensive local archive information
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 25 May 2015, at 14:14.
- This page has been accessed 1,696 times.