Winn Parish, Louisiana GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Louisiana-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Winn Parish, Louisiana|
Location in the state of Louisiana
Location of Louisiana in the U.S.
|Founded||February 24, 1852|
- 1852--Winn Parish was created 24 February 1852 from Natchitoches, Catahoula, and Rapides Parishes.
Parish seat: Winnfield 
COURTHOUSE DAMAGED $15,000
Two-Story Building at Winfield, La., Practically Destroyed.
Special to the News.
Shreveport, La., Jan. 18.---Losses estimated at approximately $15,000, practically covered by insurance, were sustained early today when fire, due to an overheated flue, almost destroyed the Winn Parish courthouse, at Winnfield, La. The records of the Sheriff and Clerk, which were in a vault, were saved, but the offices of the Assessor, Treasurer, Superintendent of Education and petit jurors, together with the courtroom, were destroyed, with contents, including valuable papers.
The building was a two-story structure built twenty-one years ago. It will be replaced as soon as details are arranged.
Dallas Morning News, Dallas, TX 19 Jan 1917
Places / Localities
Neighboring Parishes or Counties
- Louisiana African American Griots Project ~ USGenWeb Project
- Afrigeneas - African Ancestored Genealogy
- LA Tombstone Transcription Project ~ partial records and photos ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- Interment.net ~ LA cemetery records by county
- African American Cemeteries ~ listing by county
- FindaGrave.com ~ cemetery records with search by cemetery, by surname
|Winn Parish Census Data|
- Louisiana Census Images ~ USGenWeb Census Images Project
- USGW Digital Map Collection ~ USGenWeb Project
Louisiana Probate Records ~ information on.
Louisiana Records and Statistics Information ~ where and how to order information.
Societies and Libraries
- LAGenWeb - Louisiana State Records
- USGenWeb ~ Records, Maps, Archives and Other Projects
- Louisiana Archives ~ USGenWeb Archives Project
- Family History Library Catalog
- Winn Parish, Louisiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ United States Census Bureau. "Louisiana Population of Counties by Decennial Census: 1900 to 1990". http://www.census.gov/population/cencounts/la190090.txt. Retrieved 2008-02-02.