Wirt County, West Virginia GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This West Virginia-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Wirt County, West Virginia|
Location in the state of West Virginia
Location of West Virginia in the U.S.
Wirt County Courthouse
PO Box 53
Elizabeth, WV 26143-0053
County Clerk has birth and death since 1870
marriage records since 1870
Probate and land records from 1848
Clerk Circuit Court has divorce records
See an interactive map of Wirt County boundary changes.
Places / Localities
For tips on accessing Wirt County, West Virginia Genealogy census records online, see: West Virginia Census.
Regiments. Service men in Wirt County, West Virginia Genealogy served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Wirt County, West Virginia Genealogy:
- - 3rd Regiment, Virginia State Line (Cavalry and Infantry) (Confederate). Company D.
- - 14th Regiment, Virginia Cavalry (Confederate). Company N (Night Hawk Rangers).
- - 26th Regiment, Virginia Cavalry (Confederate). Company F.
- West Virginia, Naturalization Records, 1814-1991
West Virginia Will Books
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
Web SitesEdit our Wiki Sites
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Wood County, West Virginia. Page 746 ; FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Robert J. Driver, 14th Virginia Cavalry (Lynchburg, Va.: H.E. Howard, c1988). FHL Book 975.5 M2vr v. 47.
- ↑ Richard L. Armstrong, 26th Virginia Cavalry (Lynchburg, Va.: H.E. Howard, 1994). FHL Book 975.5 M2vr v. 110.