Wise County, Virginia Compiled GenealogiesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Main article: Wise County, Virginia
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- Adams, James Taylor (1892-1954). James Taylor Adams Collection. MSS., Cooke-Wyllie Library, Clinch Valley College, Wise, Va.; microfilmed reproduction available: FHL Collection [Adams collected material for a history of the first settlers of Wise County, Virginia.]
- Heritage Book Committee and Wise County Historical Society. The Heritage of Wise County and the City of Norton. 2 vols. [Wise, Virginia?]: Wise County Historical Society (Va.), c1993, 2001. FHL Collection
- Laningham, Anne Wynn and Hattie Byrd Muncy Bales. Early Settlers of Lee County, Virginia and Adjacent Counties. 2 vols. Greensboro, North Carolina: Media, Inc., 1977. FHL Collection
- Lockwood, Frances B. and Hattie Byrd Muncy Bales. Annotations, Corrections and Additions to Early Settlers of Lee County, Virginia and Adjacent Counties. 1978. FHL Collection [Includes Wise County families.]
- [Boggs] Williams, Cratis D. and William Henderson Boggs. The Boggs Family. U.S.A.?: C.D. Williams, 1965?. FHL Collection
- [Bolling] Bolling, C. Glenn. History of the Bolling Family, of Wise County, Virginia, Formerly (until 1856) a Part of Russell County, Virginia. MSS., 1963, microfilmed reproduction: FHL Collection
- [Brock] Addington, Luther F. The Brocks: Ephraim Brock and Aggie Caldwell of Eastern Kentucky and Southwest Virginia, their Ancestors and Descendants. Wise, Va.: Historical Society of Southwest Virginia, . FHL Collection
- [Campbell] Nodine, P. Geraldine. Daugherty and Related Families, ca. 1800-1979. MSS., microfilmed reproduction: FHL Collection
- [Creech] Robertson, Bruce E. The Descendants of Elijah Creech, 1841-1926. Slidell, Louisiana: B.E. Robertson, 1995. FHL Collection
- [Hamilton] Hamilton, Ernest, Jim Hamilton, and Bertha Qualls. William A. Hamilton Family 1787-1989. . FHL Collection
- [Hayes] Walter, L. Thelma Chandler and Theodore B. Walter. A Genealogical Record of the Descendants of Bazeal Hayes of Charley, Lawrence County, Kentucky. Lexington, Kentucky: Theodore B. Walter, 1981. FHL Collection
- [Lane] Steele, Fannie Lane. The Lane Family: The Ancestry and Descendants of General Jackson Lane and Allied Families: Crabtree, Estep, Hutchinson, Powers, Ritchie, Roberson, Russell. Wise, Virginia: F.L. Steele, 1991. FHL Collection
- [McCoy] The McCoys of Russell & Wise Counties: MacKay, MacKoy, MacCoy, McKoy, McCoy. 200-?. FHL Collection
- [McNiel] McNiel, Robert Osborn. The Ancestors and Immediate Descendants of William Kennett McNiel of Wise County, Virginia. James Taylor Adams Collection, Box 62. Microfilmed reproduction: FHL Collection
- [Mills] Frazier, Margaret Mills. "Searching for Mills's and Fraziers," The Southwest Virginian, Vol. 1, No. 2 (Apr. 1978):51-54. FHL Book 975.57 D25s v. 1 (1978).
- [Moore] McCloskey, Cheryl Moore. Descendants of John Moore, Revolutionary War Veteran, Floyd County, Kentucky: the Moore Book, an Account of John Moore (1758-1836) Birth, Orange County, North Carolina; Revolution Residence, Surry County, North Carolina; Marriage, Rockingham County, North Carolina; Deceased, Floyd County, Kentucky and His Descendants Floyd County, Kentucky; Scott and Wise Counties, Virginia. Villa Hills, Ky.: C.M. McCloskey, 1996. FHL Collection
- [Powers] See Lane.
- [Riggs] Sutton, Rita K. "The Riggs Family (A Partial Genealogy)," The Southwest Virginian, Vol. 1, No. 5 (1978):2-15. FHL Book 975.57 D25s v. 1 (1978).
- [Russell] Russell, Andrew. "Some History of the Russell Family from 1782 to 1865," The Southwest Virginian, Vol. 2, No. 10 (August 1979):7-12. FHL Book 975.57 D25s v. 2 (1979).
- [Sturgill] Hamilton, Emory L. and Virginia Wise. John Sturgill and Jemema Wells of Grayson Co. Va.; Their Posterity and History. MSS., microfilmed reproduction: FHL Collection
- [Vanderpool] Magoffin County Historical Society, Kay Conley Bentley and Stacey Blanton. The Vanderpool Family of Eastern Kentucky. 2 vols. plus index. Salyersville, Kentucky: Magoffin County Historical Society, c2001. FHL Collection
- [Weedon] Karracker, James L. and George Harrison Sanford King. The Weedon Family of Westmoreland, Prince William, Fauquier, Culpeper Counties, Va. FHL Collection