Wise County, Virginia GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 21:29, 15 July 2011 by Murphynw
- Main article: Wise County, Virginia
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- Adams, James Taylor (1892-1954). James Taylor Adams Collection. MSS., Cooke-Wyllie Library, Clinch Valley College, Wise, Va.; microfilmed reproduction available: FHL Collection [Adams collected material for a history of the first settlers of Wise County, Virginia.]
- Heritage Book Committee and Wise County Historical Society. The Heritage of Wise County and the City of Norton. 2 vols. [Wise, Virginia?]: Wise County Historical Society (Va.), c1993, 2001. FHL Collection
- Laningham, Anne Wynn and Hattie Byrd Muncy Bales. Early Settlers of Lee County, Virginia and Adjacent Counties. 2 vols. Greensboro, North Carolina: Media, Inc., 1977. FHL Collection
- Lockwood, Frances B. and Hattie Byrd Muncy Bales. Annotations, Corrections and Additions to Early Settlers of Lee County, Virginia and Adjacent Counties. 1978. FHL Collection [Includes Wise County families.]
- [Boggs] Williams, Cratis D. and William Henderson Boggs. The Boggs Family. U.S.A.?: C.D. Williams, 1965?. FHL Collection
- [Bolling] Bolling, C. Glenn. History of the Bolling Family, of Wise County, Virginia, Formerly (until 1856) a Part of Russell County, Virginia. MSS., 1963, microfilmed reproduction: FHL Collection
- [Brock] Addington, Luther F. The Brocks: Ephraim Brock and Aggie Caldwell of Eastern Kentucky and Southwest Virginia, their Ancestors and Descendants. Wise, Va.: Historical Society of Southwest Virginia, . FHL Collection
- [Campbell] Nodine, P. Geraldine. Daugherty and Related Families, ca. 1800-1979. MSS., microfilmed reproduction: FHL Collection
- [Creech] Robertson, Bruce E. The Descendants of Elijah Creech, 1841-1926. Slidell, Louisiana: B.E. Robertson, 1995. FHL Collection
- [Hamilton] Hamilton, Ernest, Jim Hamilton, and Bertha Qualls. William A. Hamilton Family 1787-1989. . FHL Collection
- [Hayes] Walter, L. Thelma Chandler and Theodore B. Walter. A Genealogical Record of the Descendants of Bazeal Hayes of Charley, Lawrence County, Kentucky. Lexington, Kentucky: Theodore B. Walter, 1981. FHL Collection
- [Lane] Steele, Fannie Lane. The Lane Family: The Ancestry and Descendants of General Jackson Lane and Allied Families: Crabtree, Estep, Hutchinson, Powers, Ritchie, Roberson, Russell. Wise, Virginia: F.L. Steele, 1991. FHL Collection
- [McCoy] The McCoys of Russell & Wise Counties: MacKay, MacKoy, MacCoy, McKoy, McCoy. 200-?. FHL Collection
- [McNiel] McNiel, Robert Osborn. The Ancestors and Immediate Descendants of William Kennett McNiel of Wise County, Virginia. James Taylor Adams Collection, Box 62. Microfilmed reproduction: FHL Collection
- [Mills] Frazier, Margaret Mills. "Searching for Mills's and Fraziers," The Southwest Virginian, Vol. 1, No. 2 (Apr. 1978):51-54. FHL Book 975.57 D25s v. 1 (1978).
- [Moore] McCloskey, Cheryl Moore. Descendants of John Moore, Revolutionary War Veteran, Floyd County, Kentucky: the Moore Book, an Account of John Moore (1758-1836) Birth, Orange County, North Carolina; Revolution Residence, Surry County, North Carolina; Marriage, Rockingham County, North Carolina; Deceased, Floyd County, Kentucky and His Descendants Floyd County, Kentucky; Scott and Wise Counties, Virginia. Villa Hills, Ky.: C.M. McCloskey, 1996. FHL Collection
- [Powers] See Lane.
- [Riggs] Sutton, Rita K. "The Riggs Family (A Partial Genealogy)," The Southwest Virginian, Vol. 1, No. 5 (1978):2-15. FHL Book 975.57 D25s v. 1 (1978).
- [Russell] Russell, Andrew. "Some History of the Russell Family from 1782 to 1865," The Southwest Virginian, Vol. 2, No. 10 (August 1979):7-12. FHL Book 975.57 D25s v. 2 (1979).
- [Sturgill] Hamilton, Emory L. and Virginia Wise. John Sturgill and Jemema Wells of Grayson Co. Va.; Their Posterity and History. MSS., microfilmed reproduction: FHL Collection
- [Vanderpool] Magoffin County Historical Society, Kay Conley Bentley and Stacey Blanton. The Vanderpool Family of Eastern Kentucky. 2 vols. plus index. Salyersville, Kentucky: Magoffin County Historical Society, c2001. FHL Collection
- [Weedon] Karracker, James L. and George Harrison Sanford King. The Weedon Family of Westmoreland, Prince William, Fauquier, Culpeper Counties, Va. FHL Collection
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback