Wood County, Ohio GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Ohio-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Wood County, Ohio|
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent Counties: Formed from Hamilton and County in 1803.
- County Seat: Bowling Green
- Neighboring Counties: Wood County, Ohio Genealogy residents may also have records in Lucas (north) · Hancock (south) · Henry (west) · Seneca (southeast) · Ottawa (northeast) · Putnam(southwest) and Sandusky (east)
See an interactive map of Wood County boundary changes.
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
War of 1812
- Fort Meigs, Ohio's War of 1812 Battlefield
- Excursion of veterans of the War of 1812 to Fort Meigs, June, 1870 (Lexington, Kentucky 1871 - 1953) pages 34
- Nelson, Larry L. .Men of patriotism, courage, & enterprise : Fort Meigs in the War of 1812 (Canton, Ohio: Daring Books 1985) pages 156 pages FHL Books 977.116/P3 M2
- Civil War
Civil War service men from Wood County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Wood County.
- - 100th Regiment, Ohio Infantry, Company A
- - 111th Regiment, Ohio Infantry, Companies B, D, I, and K
Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Wikipedia contributors, "Mahoning County, Ohio" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahoning_County,_Ohio (accessed 10 May 2012).
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).