Woodbury County, Iowa GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Iowa-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Woodbury County Courthouse
620 Douglas St.
Sioux City, IA 51101
Woodbury County was created when the legislature passed an act organizing the county in 1853. The County was named in honor of Levi Woodbury former Governor of New Hampshire, US Secretary of the Treasury and Supreme Court Justice.
1851--Woodbury County was created 15 January 1851 from unorganized territory. It was originally named Wahkaw, but changed to Woodbury 22 January 1853. It was organized 7 March 1853. County seat: Sioux City 
- Woodbury County by Genweb Iowa
NewspaperArchive.com ($) has a large collection of digitized Iowa newspapers online. This database is sometimes free at libraries.
- Woodbury County, Iowa Obituary and Death Notice Collection Free from GenealogyBuff.com. Obits and death notices from the Sioux City, Moville, Sloan, Correctionville, and Danbury areas.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Family History Library Catalog
- Woodbury County Information
- Woodbury County Migrations
- Woodbury County, Iowa Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).