Woodford County, KentuckyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Woodford County, Kentucky|
Location in the state of Kentucky
Location of Kentucky in the U.S.
|Founded||November 12, 1788|
1965--A disaster destroyed most of the records.
|Faywood||McKees Crossroads||Nugent Crossroads||Wallace|
The following have information concerning African American research. Both should be used:
- African American Research (US) has more information about the kinds of records
- Kentucky Minorities has information specific to Kentucky African Americans.
- the KY African American Griots Project ~ The Kentucky African American Griots Project
- Sandi Gorin's Tips ~ Hangings in Kentucky 1792 - 1900
Kentucky cemetery records often identify birth, death, relationship, and military information, as well as religious affiliation. Local volunteers through Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness may take photographs of headstones found in county cemeteries.
- Kentucky Historical Society Cemetery Search can be searched by name, place and/or date. This database has hundreds of thousands of names transcribed from gravestones across Kentucky.
- Find A Grave can be searched by the name of a person or family to find where a person is buried. Usually gives birth and death dates often with a picture of the tombstone. May give obituaries, names of family members and links to their information in Find A Grave.
- Find A Grave also gives a list of cemeteries in Woodford County and links to the information for the individuals buried there,
- Kentucky Cemeteries lists the national cemeteries in Kentucky with links to their web sites. The first link under Online Kentucky Cemeteries goes to the Kentucky section of Interment.net
- Woodford Co. KY USGenWeb Tombstone Project usually gives the names of the deceased in alphabetical order by last name with birth and death dates plus any remarks.
- The Family History Library Catalog lists some records of cemeteries in Marion County. Some of the books or others may be on Google Books or available at public libraries.
- ePodunk list of Woodford County cemeteries gives the names of the cemeteries in the county with a link to more information such as address, phone number, and web site.
- Tombstone Transcription Project ~ Partial transcription of cemetery tombstones ~ USGenWeb
- The KY Historical Society’s Cemetery Database
- African American Cemeteries Online ~ Partial index/transcriptions of African American cemeteries
- Cemetery Junction ~ Links to cemetery transcriptions
- Naming the Forgotten ~ Naming the Forgotten - The Eastern State Hospital Project
1790 - Lost, but a substitute is available, see Taxation.
-  Heinemann, Charles B. "First Census" of Kentucky 1790. Washington, D.C.: n.p., 1940. 1981 reprint: FHL US/CAN 976.9 X2ph 1981; digital version at Kentucky Kinfolks. ["2 volumes of 1790 were used." (p. 2)]